The Project is an example of engaging private sector in terms of sharing of knowledge and funds aimed at achieving SDGs. The Project will test new and innovative models of cooperation in tackling key development challenges in order to bring benefits both to the entrepreneurs and the vulnerable groups.
- Engage regularly in a dialogue with private sector to discuss and solve societal issues aligned to SDGs;
- Create a National Crowdfunding Academy to assist private companies in accessing alternative funding sources;
- Support the private sector in developing and launching new products and services aligned to SDGs.
- Alignment of business CSR and business strategies to SDGs;
- Develop crowdfunding campaigns with the private sector for the launch of new products and services aligned to SDGs;
- Assist the private sector with expertise of local and international consultants during the process of business processes alignment to SDGs;
- Joint development of new products, services and innovative solutions tackling key development challenges.
- 1st Private Sector dialogue around SDGs initiated;
- The first UNDP-led solar blockchain-based initiative to engage private investors with technology providers to deliver of up to 1MW of rooftop ultramodern installation was designed, with piloting expected in 2019;
- Strategic engagement with the National Association of ICT companies for Start-Up Challenge competition, under which 3 new education projects, tackling key development challenges, have been supported;
- Support in national SME Programs alignment to SDGs, including the Trademark of the Year competition organized by the Chamber of Commerce and Trade and CSR competition organized by the Organization for SMEs Development;
- Development of SDG Accelerator programme for medium-sized local companies initiated and implementation expected in 2019 under UNDP Innovation Unit;
- The pilot to use insights from the behavioral economics to improve consumption in electricity and antibiotics, and to reduce plastic consumption, via behavioral experimentation and through partnership with the public and private sector initiated;
- Consultations with various stakeholders, including private sector, regarding the implementation of an alternative financial instrument, so called Social Impact Bond (SIB), in the Republic of Moldova was initiated;
- Trial implementation at the level of the National Employment Agency during March 2018 - February 2019 facilitated, aiming to support job-seekers become more responsible for their job search and increase awareness about their professional goals.