The competition Trade Mark of the Year 2017 organised by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Moldova will introduce a new category of awards – Important contribution to sustainable development. The nomination was suggested by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) under Private Sector Engagement for SDGs Project.
Hence, all companies in the competition that contributed to the achievement or promotion of the Sustainable Development Goals are eligible for nomination under the respective category.
The actions that qualify the companies in the competition include:
- Energy consumption reduction in the production process;
- Waste reduction in company’s activity;
- Management of corporate reputation for sustainability;
- CO2 emissions reduction in company’s activity;
- Business portfolio management (products, services) in accordance with sustainable development principles and practices;
- Water consumption reduction in the production process;
- Allocation of financial resources for sustainable product research and development;
- Enhancement of the degree of staff retention and motivation through sustainable activities;
- Climate change-related operational risks control;
- Earning/reaching revenues/market shares thanks to the promotion of sustainable products.
“The process of alignment of Moldovan companies to sustainable development practices and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals has only begun in our country. This situation will require continuous support on behalf of the partners, time and resource investments. Companies will be able to attract new investments contributing also to a global movement”, says Dumitru Vasilescu, UNDP Moldova Project Manager.
The category ‘Important contribution to sustainable development’ will be included in all editions of the Trade Mark of the Year event.
The Private Sector Engagement for SDGs Project will run other initiatives as well. It will organise communication sessions with private sector representatives to identify common projects and actions to design communication campaigns to promote Sustainable Development Goals.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), known as Global Goals, are an universal call for action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.