The comprehensive character of Police reform involves systemic changes and interventions at different levels and in various areas: legislative, institutional, operational, professional, community, individual, etc. Responding to this challenge, the Project will shift from policy formulation to practical implementation of priorities defined in the national strategic documents, seeking to further strengthen institutional and professional capacities of MIA and Police units and provide technical assistance in specific areas of intervention that are equally important for the steady progress of the law enforcement reform. These refer to better internal communication capacities of Police, modernized Police/internal affairs human resources system (including recruiting and hiring in gender and diversity sensitive way), enhanced capacities of MIA and GPI for coordination and implementation of Police Development Strategy, strengthened professional training capacities of the Police system, further improved forensic capabilities and support in implementation of community policing concept.
- Assist the MIA and GPI in developing an accountable, efficient, representative, transparent and professional law enforcement system, closer to the best international practices.
- MIA’s Recruiting and Evaluation Centre is established and operational, using renovated and equipped infrastructure and modernized processes;
- Feasibility study on Police intranet system developed;
- Two police stations remodeled and operational in line with the concept of community-based policing and up to 20 police staff from the targeted communities trained on community policing tactics;
- 20 police officers from four regions equipped and trained to perform police bike patrol duties;
- Conditions for training, caring and breeding service dogs created, related infrastructure developed, regulatory framework adjusted;
- MIA/GPI capacity to implement reforms in priority areas enhanced by providing high quality technical support and expertise;
- Police Forensic Centre successfully obtained ISO 17025 accreditation in the area of narcotic drugs examination, two police forensic experts trained and equipped to perform forensic video and audio examinations.