Reform in the justice sector is a key area in Moldova’s national development policies and plans. Through its mandate, the NIJ can directly influence the quality of judicial acts, the reform of the justice system and ultimately the trust of people in justice institutions and processes. The project will strengthen the institutional capacities and further reinforce the physical infrastructure of the NIJ to enable an environment for nurturing next-generation justice professionals, equipped with skills, knowledge and competences compliant with the demand for efficient justice. To this end, the NIJ will be assisted to lay the foundation and incorporate concepts of legal research, reasoning and writing into the professional training of judges and prosecutors, building upon the NIJ’s vision on practice-oriented training program. The institution will be supported to upgrade its digital offer by further developing, integrating and enhancing the learning technology, capability and content to improve retention and acceleration of immersive skills-based learning.
The general objective of the project is to foster a more efficient justice system accessible to all by reinforcing national capacities and structures to provide efficient skills-based training for legal professionals in Moldova.
- NIJ’s capacities (knowledge and methodology) to incorporate concepts of legal research, reasoning, and writing into the legal professionals’ training enhanced;
- Technical capacities of the NIJ to securely manage the internal IT system enhanced;
- NIJ’s e-tools and content management platforms upgraded and integrated;
- A ‘virtual classroom’ tool developed and integrated with the NIJ’s digital offer for legal professionals training;
- Hardware capacities for organizing the training process at the NIJ upgraded;
- NIJ’s building envelope renovated;
- Networking and engagement of the NIJ in activities of regional and international judicial training platforms enabled;
- Legal English Curriculum developed.