The project will have high complementarity with other interventions aiming at strengthening the public finance management systems and processes in the country, will build on the foundation of the results achieved by the previous initiatives supported by UNDP-Slovak Trust Fund, and will be focused on two areas: (1) Assessment of financial flows and budgetary spending and (2) Strengthening budgetary process.
- Analyse the spending review pilot implemented in two line-ministries and adjust the methodology to apply public spending reviews for preparing the budgets in two new priority sectors;
- Implement the Development Finance Assessment (DFA) methodology across the public sector;
- Elaborate a roadmap for the implementation of the Integrated National Financing Framework (INFF) based on findings and recommendations of the DFA and the spending reviews to inform future financing solutions;
- Based on a Training Needs Assessment elaborate a module-based and practice-oriented Training Programme in Public Finance Management based on the available expertise from Slovakia, Slovenia and DFA team;
- Deliver the training in a flexible manner depending on the changing needs and available resources;
- Draft the Guide for practitioners to inform future alignment of the sector strategies with budgets;
- Provide expertise to the selected Line Ministry for piloting the INFF;
- Offer expertise in carrying out the Fiscal Impact Assessment of the Structural Reforms in two selected line-ministries.
- The Development Finance Assessment (DFA) methodology implemented across the public sector;
- Spending review methodology adjusted and implemented in two selected Line Ministries;
- A Roadmap for the implementation of the Integrated National Financing Framework (INFF) based on findings and recommendations of the DFA and the spending reviews to inform effective financing solutions elaborated;
- Module-based and practice-oriented Training Programme in Public Finance Management developed and implemented;
- The Guide for practitioners to inform future alignment of the sector strategies with budgets drafted;
- Expertise provided in piloting of the INFF in selected sectors;
- Fiscal Impact Assessment of the Structural Reforms in selected line ministries carried out.
- Capacity of 65 representatives of the Ministry of Finance, State Chancellery, line ministries, UNDP and other development partners in the application of the Development Finance Assessment methodology developed.