The Support to Confidence Building Measures Programme aims to increase trust between people on both sides of the Nistru River by supporting joint activities in four core areas: 1) EU support to economic development and entrepreneurship, 2) EU assistance for community development and cross-river civil society organizations’s sectoral platforms, 3) EU cultural and historical heritage support, 4) EU support to cooperative media local content development.
- To contribute to the economic and social development of both banks by ensuring equal access to opportunities provided by the Association Agreement and its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area for both banks of the Nistru River;
- To tackle the growing disparity between both banks (the Transnistrian region and the rest of the country) by supporting local development and CSOs;
- To continue supporting the sectoral rapprochement in pilot sectors (i.e. culture and others) and to progressively include Transnistria in Moldova-wide development initiatives to limit the development gap between both banks;
- To support the activities of media from both banks of Nistru River through common media production.
- Improve living conditions on both banks of the Nistru River by increasing economic opportunities and creating jobs;
- Develop communities through the increase of capacities of NGOs and LPAs;
- Strengthen thematic platforms created in the previous stage of the program for the cooperation of NGOs on both sides aiming to reduce disparities;
- Support culture as a pilot sector to develop and build trust;
- Improve capacities of media institutions on both sides to produce together attractive, qualitative and professional content for the social economic development of both banks.
- 4 cross-river business platforms managed by the Chambers of Commerce on both sides, as well as by Fruit, Essential Oils, and Beekeepers Associations, are cooperating for the capacity development of pear Associations and their members' competitiveness enhancement; 26 young entrepreneurs from the left bank of the Nistru have obtained financial support for the creation or development of their businesses; 3 Associations in partnership with private companies from both banks are developing and implementing innovative business solutions to strengthen the resilience of entrepreneurial communities to market disruptions; 60 entrepreneurs on both banks of the river Nistru will receive individual support to overcome the consequences of the pandemic crisis;
- Under Community empowerment component, 15 civil society organizations have been supported to implement activities that will further enhance local level cross-river collaboration in sports, health, innovation, business and culture fields. Overall, 17,000 people are expected to benefit from small grants programme. Five cross river thematic platforms formed in previous CBM programme’s stage – Education, Sport, Health, Culture and Ecology – continue provision of representation, advocacy and networking support to stakeholders across the river; EU-CBM through Health Cross river platform conducted procurement and distribution of protective materials and medical equipment to medical institutions on both banks, as well as helped accommodate doctors from the Transnistrian region who work in medical institutions on the right bank;
- 16 social infrastructure projects, among them: schools, kindergartens, sports fields, medical and cultural centers, street illumination and waste collection systems were refurbished, improving, in this way, social wellbeing in the following communities: Sănătăuca, Camenca, Rezina, Rîbnița, Tiraspol, Cioburciu, Corotna, Dnestrovsc, Bălăbănești, Holercani, Cocieri, Speia, Telița, Roșcani, Tîrnauca, Teiul, Mălăiești. As a result, over 100,000 women and men benefit from improved social services;
- In the area of renovation of historical-cultural heritage, Bender Fortress and the Chisinau Circus benefited from high-quality technical expertise and technical design services. Preparations for conservation and restauration works are under way. 10 small-scale Cultural heritage projects were selected for conservation/rehabilitation, 5 on each bank of the Nistru River: Christian-Orthodox church and Synagogue in Rașcov village, the wind tower in Stroiești, the water mill in Beloci and the hall of the Art College in Bender. On the right bank: Moldova Film - digitization of cartoons, the museum of the Doroțcaia village, the windmill from Gaidar, the Macri family tomb, and the water tower from Șoldănești;
- 23 initiatives of media institutions and production houses on the right and left bank of the Nistru River resulted in the co-production and distribution, on both banks, of a number of audiovisual products, such as: fairy-tales of Ion Creangă animated in 2D format, documentary and fiction movies, talk shows, podcasts, and others. Thanks to the technical expertise provided by professionals from the EU member-states in the fields of: video editing, audio and video podcasting, social media management, TV production, etc., the quality of audiovisual products has been improved.