The overall objective of the project is to contribute to advancing the quality of education system in the Republic of Moldova through a pilot project conducted in 47 schools in ATU Gagauzia. The pilot will focus on facilitating a smooth and efficient learning process through the implementation of the e-learning approach in ATU Gagauzia and consists of two main components:
- Ensuring the presence of the basic (hard and soft) ICT infrastructure and connectivity; and
- Enhancing the learning content and teaching methodology.
- Support schools in the pilot region to become more resilient and ensure business continuity in crisis situations, so to continue providing quality education both in-class and/or online;
- Ensure equal access to education for all students, especially the most vulnerable, by providing access to appropriate ICT equipment and Internet connectivity;
- Improve the quality of education by training teachers on selecting and using appropriate ICT tools and adapting the educational content and methods depending on the teaching medium;
- Increase the attractiveness of STEM disciplines among students and girls in particular.
- Pupils, including from vulnerable groups, and teachers in ATU Gagauzia schools have access to ICT devices and Internet connection during academic periods;
- Teachers of at least one curricular discipline are able to critically assess, select, and use appropriate ICT tools for blended and online teaching, adapting teaching techniques correspondingly;
- Digital educational materials for at least one curricular discipline are developed;
- The education management platform is selected, adopted and used by at least 40% of pupils, teachers, parents, and school administrations in ATU Gagauzia;
- Online and blended learning across all participating schools is standardized, providing comparable quality based on agreed standards;
- Schools and Education Department of ATU Gagauzia have a better understanding of the opportunities provided by platform generated data for better policy making;
- At least 1 curricular or extracurricular STEM-related discipline is selected and piloted under blended and e-learning approach;
- Recommendations to improve the national curriculum and strategy to scale-up the piloted project submitted to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research.