The project is designed to address the needs of the MIA for the implementation of the sector reform, in particular by establishing effective systems ensuring human security and a rapid coordinated response to the crisis situations, and by the modernization of internal ICT tools, networks and equipment to achieve better efficiency, transparency and accountability. The project is implemented in line with strategic priorities of the United Nations in Moldova and the relevant national strategic documents. Both men and women, including those belonging to vulnerable groups, will be engaged in the implementation of project and will benefit from its results.
- Enhance the institutional operational capacities of the MIA for strengthening human security through effectively addressing crisis situations;
- Improve the operational and functional capacities of the MIA and its subdivisions by endowment with modern ICT tools.
- National Coordination Centre for Integrated Actions of Public Order (Crisis Centre) established;
- Swimming Training Centre for rescuers on the open water fully operational through infrastructure rehabilitation and training curricula development;
- MIA Medical Service capacitated by the cost-efficient procurement of the modern high-quality medical equipment;
- Support to the enhancement of the ICT network infrastructure of Police Inspectorates provided through a detailed needs assessment and the elaboration of Concepts for Key MIA Informational Systems;
- Capacities of the Bureau for Migration and Asylum (BMA) strengthened through modernization and operationalization of the Regional Center for Documentation and Integration of Foreiners in Balti;
- Border Police institutional integrity and operational effectiveness strengthened through endowment with the specialized equipment.
- Detailed technical design for the refurbishment of the Swimming Training Centre for rescuers on the open water completed and the reconstruction started;
- MIA Medical Service capacitated with the high quality modern medical equipment and the specialized training for medical staff;
- Detailed Technical Design of ICT network infrastructure of 44 Police Inspectorates completed. Concepts for 4 MIA Key Informational Systems developed;
- Fully operational Regional Center for Documentation and Integration of Foreiners in Balti endowed with furniture and modern equipment;
- Operational effectiveness and transparency of the Border Police increased by equiping with modern body video-camers, tactical vests and off-road vehicles.