UNDP Moldova has selected the winners of the first edition of the funding competition conducted within the Platform to support innovation in the field of digital transformation:
- Fagura, with the FinTech credit granting platform for start-ups and small and medium enterprises. Because many of the young entrepreneurs' initiatives are hindered by the lack of funding or financing at too high cost, a zero-interest lending idea will be tested. A 100% online solution, assisted by machine learning, will be used, which will approve the funding applications in just a few seconds.
- Diginet Pro, with the proposed solution Facturare.md. It involves the issuance and circulation of electronic payment invoices for businesses in Moldova (B2B and B2C), integration with 1C: 8, CRM Bitrix24 and AmoCRM, as well as notification mechanism via e-mail, SMS, and social networks.
- Paynet Services, with QR Bills. Through the initiative, the company aims to digitalize the payment of utility bills, especially in the regions, by placing a QR code on each bill, which can be scanned and paid with a single click.
- Drone Assistance, with Moldova AgriDrone Network platform. The initiative implies expanding access to productivity-enhancing services in agriculture by implementing digital solutions, namely: three-dimensional modelling of agricultural plots, expanding access to agricultural services for irrigation, application of fertilizers and plant protection substances with significant savings and in an environmentally friendly manner. The network will provide training services for agricultural drone pilots, as well as equipment maintenance services.
The platform to support innovation in the field of digital transformation was recently launched by UNDP, to encourage the private ICT sector of Moldova to generate innovative solutions for the digitalization of public and social administration services, as well as IT solutions for non-IT sectors. The first edition of the competition was conducted in partnership with the Organization for the Development of the Small and Medium Enterprises Sector, the National Association of ICT Companies and Moldova IT Park.
On 3 November 2021, UNDP launched the second edition of the competition, inviting ICT companies to generate innovative solutions for the digitalization of public services. The call is conducted in partnership with the Electronic Government Agency and focuses on the following areas:
- Digital Mobile Signature/Mobile Identity/MobiSign;
- Digital Wallet/MWallet;
- Personal Cabinet/MCabinet.
The deadline for submitting the full application is 17 November, 12:00 p.m. More details are available here. Participating companies may obtain grants in amount of up to US$40,000.
UNDP is conducting these digital transformation innovation challenges in the framework of the project "Accelerating digital transformation in the public sector in the Republic of Moldova".