Chisinau City Hall has digitized the General Urban Plan (GUP) Chisinau and the Zonal Urban Plans (ZUP), developed in the period 2007-2020. This was possible thanks to UNDP Moldova, provided through the project "Sustainable green cities", funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
Until now, GUP, ZUPs and local urban planning regulations were only available to professionals and urban planners who work directly with these plans.
To be able to digitalize and process the data directly in the territorial integrated management platform, a unique standard at institutional level of urban planning documents has been developed. Now, the obtained data can be used in cross-sectional and longitudinal analyzes necessary for the integrated management of the city.
The standardization and digitization of the respective documentation will help the public administration to improve services for citizens, but also for urban planners, by:
- reducing the response time for analysis and approval of urban planning documents;
- providing a frame of reference for all designers in terms of the standard layers in which to deliver graphic information, international industrial standard formats and the standardized structure of urban planning regulations;
- eliminating the effort of processing urban planning documents and getting them back immediately after they are approved, so as to be used for internal authorization workflows;
- improving urban planning decisions - through integrated city management using a unique database;
- using this unique database for the design of the new GUP of Chisinau Municipality.
“In the next period we intend to complete these data and develop a system that will allow the management of the processes of regulation of the functional properties in a transparent and efficient manner, in compliance with the necessary procedures for functional and cadastral legislation. At the same time, spatial data services (WMS and WFS) will be created for viewing and downloading data for GIS designers and users,” said Victor Chironda, Deputy Mayor of Chisinau.
The synthesized data was uploaded on the governmental platform GIS-Local - the geographic portal Geographic Information System, developed with the support of USAID Moldova. The platform is intended for local public authorities, to be used as a tool to ensure transparency and security of information.
The digitization of GUP and ZUPs is part of a support package for increasing efficiency of sustainable urban planning and development, regulation and supervision.
Contact for the media: Anastasia Taburceanu, Communication and Media Specialist, Green City Lab, phone: +373 79658841, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org