Inspiring innovations for a sustainable Chisinau
UNDP Moldova supported the establishment of the first ever Green City Lab, a sustainable urban lab for innovation in local services, which guide the transformation of Chisinau municipality and other urban centers into modern, green and smart European cities, with improved quality of life for their inhabitants, while also demonstrating opportunities for sustainable economic growth.
Green City Lab serves as a platform for innovative projects covering areas such as electromobility, digitalization, renewables and energy efficiency, smart urban planning, waste management, urban mobility.
Our mission is to generate innovative and complex solutions to the urbanization challenges. We foster smart and human centered urban development in tandem with carbon emissions’ reduction and environment protection.
The mission of the Green City Lab is to:
- Become leading knowledge management and networking platform;
- Become source of innovations and expertise in low carbon green city development;
- Offer opportunities for sustainable economic growth of the Chisinau and other urban centre from Moldova;
- Improve the quality of services provided by municipalities to citizens;
- Become a training/educational centre in urban planning, energy efficiency and environment protection.
Green City Lab areas of intervention:
- Integrated and participatory urban land use and mobility planning;
- Energy efficiency in buildings and renewable energy use;
- Resource efficient waste management;
- Low carbon mobility;
- Environmental protection.