The project aims to establish a multilateral platform to engage actors from different sectors (public, private, non-profit, etc.) to seek and experiment with innovative approaches to the society’s problems. This is how Moldova Social Innovation Lab was born.
Ultimately, the Lab is working on developing solutions that have been tested on the ground and co-developed with strong involvement of beneficiaries and are ready to be scaled-up in extended environments.
The goal of the project is to establish the Lab to respond to several crucial necessities identified in the national consultation on the post-2015 development agenda, including enabling people to contribute meaningfully and practically to the development of their country and communities, and facilitation of the communication between Government and people.
- Develop the capacity within the Social Innovation Lab to generate creative ideas and use innovative methods to solve identified societal problems;
- Establish sustainable mechanisms and processes for promoting an active participation of people in the development of their country and communities;
- Facilitate the communication between the Government, private sector and people on solving the challenges neither of them can effectively tackle alone;
- Build partnerships with various stakeholders in view of testing and scaling-up the developed solutions.
- Developed several pilots on public service reengineering, among which the process of receiving monthly child care benefits (together with e-Government Center) and home residence change delivered by SOE Registru;
- Human Centered Design Methodology was included as one of the official methodologies in the national strategy for public service modernization;
- Launched Carieramea – a career orientation resource platform to guide students through career choices;
- Launched Imipasa mobile application and web platform – a digital tool for citizens to report violations of several consumer protection rights and aims to contribute to the effective action of national supervision and control agencies.