The overall objective of the project is to create from the ground a jointly operated by the Moldovan and Ukrainian border and customs services border crossing point at Palanca, on the territory of Moldova. The new crossing point will be built respecting all EU standards and principles on border control administration, ensuring improved conditions for safe and transparent business and trade, movement of people and goods across the border. The project will also contribute to a wider objective, namely “safer and more open borders” between Ukraine and Moldova. The expected long-term impact is to contribute to the facilitation of trade and migration flows between two countries.
- Acceleration of traffic flow due to simplified border crossing procedures, unification of joint activities and avoiding duplication of functions;
- Enhancing cooperation among the two countries’ agencies responsible for the border control, such as Border Guard and Customs Agencies, applying one-stop-shop principle;
- Establishment of a more rapid and secure exchange of information on persons, vehicles and goods, as well as other issues related to border control procedures;
- Corruption risk reduction;
- Reaching a higher level of efficiency and transparency of border guard and customs control through commonly accepted standard operational procedures;
- Improvement of combating cross border crime by the enhanced level of cooperation and possibility to solve these issues on the sport, immediately involving all relevant agencies;
- Reduction of operational costs due to the abolishment of the BCPs Mayaki and Udobne on the territory of Ukraine.
- Jointly operated border crossing point built and fully functional in Palanca;
- Border management improved: better mutual control and exchange of information and data between Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova;
- Reducing corruption cases, fighting cross-border organized crime and illegal trafficking of goods and people;
- EU principles on excluding duplication of functions applied;
- One-stop-shop and single window concept implemented;
- Cross border traffic accelerated;
- Modern engineering equipment, control equipment and infrastructure for the crossing point provided;
- Border procedures simplified and optimized.
- Technical design of the JOBCP Palanca finalized;
- Construction phase started since May 2017.