The Support to Confidence Building Measures Programme aims to increase trust between people on both sides of the Nistru River by supporting joint activities in four core areas: 1) EU support to economic development and entrepreneurship, 2) EU assistance for community development and cross-river civil society organizations’s sectoral platforms, 3) EU cultural and historical heritage support, 4) EU support to cooperative media local content development.
- To contribute to the economic and social development of both banks by ensuring equal access to opportunities provided by the Association Agreement and its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area for both banks of the Nistru River;
- To tackle the growing disparity between both banks (the Transnistrian region and the rest of the country) by supporting local development and CSOs;
- To continue supporting the sectoral rapprochement in pilot sectors (i.e. culture and others) and to progressively include Transnistria in Moldova-wide development initiatives to limit the development gap between both banks;
- To support the activities of media from both banks of Nistru River through common media production.
- Improve living conditions on both banks of the Nistru River by increasing economic opportunities and creating jobs;
- Develop communities through the increase of capacities of NGOs and LPAs;
- Strengthen thematic platforms created in the previous stage of the program for the cooperation of NGOs on both sides aiming to reduce disparities;
- Support culture as a pilot sector to develop and build trust;
- Improve capacities of media institutions on both sides to produce together attractive, qualitative and professional content for the social economic development of both banks.