Support to Confidence Building Measures Programme aims to increase trust between people on both sides of the Nistru River by supporting joint activities in two core areas: business development and improving community infrastructure.
- Increased cross-river cooperation of business actors leading to improved employment opportunities and livelihoods across the Nistru River;
- Empowered local communities and actors from both sides to participate in joint projects addressing pressing development needs and improving critical community infrastructure.
Business development and employment opportunities
- At least 50 cross-river business exchanges and partnerships promoted between businesses and business associations leading to common understanding of opportunities, barriers and technical standards in the field of business development;
- At least 200 SMEs (including women led SMEs) involved in joint activities and received business support services contributing to increased professionalization and higher business standards on the left bank;
- New opportunities for business cooperation across the river and at least 150 new jobs and 5,000 new livelihoods for women and men;
- Consolidated local consultancy market providing improved services fostering local capacities to use the benefits provided by the DCFTA in terms of access to the EU market with at least 20 business consultants trained and/or certified;
- Improved culture of entrepreneurship and greater access to information and funding leads to the creation of 30 new businesses, integrated into existing cross-river platforms.
Empowered communities and infrastructure support
- At least 60 local actors have increased capacities for sustainable development and ensuring access of most vulnerable to public services by empowering communities;
- At least 30 social infrastructure projects supported in the security zone (on both banks of the river);
- About 100,000 women and men directly benefited from the implementation of the programme;
- Increased interaction between statisticians from Chisinau and Tiraspol leading to better compliancy to international standards (in at least 5 statistical areas) as a result of at least 5 learning activities targeting 30 professionals;
- Increased level of cooperation and trust across the river.
- 163 cross-river business exchanges and partnerships supported;
- 165 local consultants from both banks (30% women) improved their capacities;
- 87 consultants certified according to international standards to provide competitive business support services to beneficiaries from both banks;
- 1,605 enterprises from both banks benefitted from business support services;
- 66 newly created enterprises on both banks, 31 out of them via the Grants for Youth Programme, generating 166 new permanent jobs (90 for women, 70 on the left bank of the Nistru River);
- More than 9,240 people (51% women) benefitted from strengthened livelihoods;
- 10 new associations created and supported, including 6 on the left bank;
- 2 Tourist and 1 Agricultural centers created and supported, 2 of them on the left bank;
- More than 71,000 persons benefit directly of the selected social infrastructure projects;
- 72 local leaders have improved capacities to identify relevant confidence building project ideas and elaborate social infrastructure project proposals;
- 30 community infrastructure projects under implementation;
- 5 thematic platforms created in area of education, sports, environment, health care and culture;
- 30 small grant projects to support collaboration between renovated social institutions from both banks under implementation;
- 42 statisticians and relevant specialists from both banks of the Nistru River improved their capacities and skills during capacity building events and study visits.