The objective of the project is to catalyse investments in low carbon green urban development based on integrated urban planning approach by encouraging innovation, participatory planning and partnerships between a variety of public and private sector entities.
As a vehicle for this, the project will support the design, launching, and establishment of the Green City Lab to become the leading knowledge management and networking platform, clearing house, an inter-mediator of finance and a source of innovations and expertise to catalyse sustainable low carbon green city development in Moldova with a mission to transform Chisinau and other urban centres in Moldova into modern green and smart European cities with improved quality of life for their citizens, while also demonstrating opportunities for sustainable economic growth.
- Catalyze investments in low carbon green urban development by an integrated urban planning approach and by encouraging innovation;
- Participatory planning and partnerships with a variety of public and private sector entities.
- Fully operational and sustainable Green City Lab (GCL) recognized by the key stakeholders as the leading innovation, knowledge management and networking platform and a source of expertise for catalyzing sustainable low carbon green city development in Moldova with secured funding to continue its operation after the project closure;
- Successfully completed pilot/demonstration projects facilitated by the GCL with related monitoring, reporting and verification of the results in the areas of: i) integrated and participatory urban land use and mobility planning; ii) residential building energy efficiency and renewable energy use; iii) low carbon mobility; and iv) resource efficient waste management;
- Knowledge management and to facilitate learning, scaling up and replication of project results.