The project aims to support the Government of the Republic of Moldova to develop its national plan with medium and long-term actions to honor the obligations it has assumed as a signatory of the Montreal Protocol. The project will support Moldova for the implementation of the Phasing out Scheme for Hydrochlorofluorocarbons for 2016-2040 and the Action Plan for its Implementation in 2016-2020 (GD No 856 of 13 July 2016).
- Support for Moldova in the implementation of the National HCFC Program for the period 2016-2040 and the Action Plan for its implementation in 2016-2020 to meet its HCFC reduction targets by 2020 - 35% reduction in HCFC consumption at the base level;
- Implementing new "ozone-friendly" technology and technological support for the refrigeration and air conditioning sector by purchasing equipment / tools and demonstrating new technologies (natural refrigerants) in the commercial sector.
- Legislative-normative and institutional framework for the medium and long term to respect the obligations of the Republic of Moldova towards the consolidated Montreal Protocol;
- Action Plan for the implementation in 2016-2020 of the National Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) Phase-Out Program for the years 2016-2040 implemented;
- 35% reduction in HCFC use from baseline to 2020 achieved.