Are you a father that spends a lot of time with your children? Do you reflect on your role in your family and what it means to the people in your life and to your society? Then, we invite you to nominate yourself to be part of the exhibition Tații din Moldova si Suedia with your picture and story!
The home life and child care has traditionally been the task of women, but a growing number of fathers have begun to see the advantages of taking parental leave and developing close ties with their children early on. The exhibition “Tații din Moldova si Suedia” will explore how Moldovan and Swedish fathers view their role as a parent, family member and modern man. Tell us how you contribute to a healthy and more equal society, and why you should be part of the exhibition!
Nominate yourself or someone you know between 19 February – 4 March 2018!
- Post a motivation and a recent picture of you and your children with the hashtag #tatiidinmoldova in the Embassy of Sweden’s and UN Facebook event “Tații din Moldova și Suedia”, on Instagram (the picture has to be public and mandatory include the hashtag of the campaign) or UN Moldova Odnoklassniki group, in the photo album “Tații din Moldova și Suedia”.
- The motivation should include a description on how you see your role as a parent, family member and modern man and why you should be part of the exhibition.
- Each participant can only post one photo. Any camera can be used and any format (professional, mobile phone or other photo equipment).
- Any submissions received after the specified period will not be accepted.
- The organisers reserve the right to remove offensive, abusive or illegal content posted to the above mentioned channels and connected to the competition.
How will the winners be selected:
- 10 winners will be selected based on the motivation for participation by a mixed team from the organising partners.
- Winners must be available for a photo-session in Moldova during March 2018.
- If contact cannot be established with a winner, another one will be selected.
- Winners will be announced in the Tații din Moldova și Suedia Facebook-event, UNDP Moldova Instagram and UN Moldova Odnoklassniki group in March 2018.
- 10 finalists will have a professional photographer take pictures of their lives with their children for the exhibition.
- Winners will agree to grant the organisers the right to use the photos submitted and taken by the photographer free of charge, in communications about the exhibition and in the exhibition in several locations in Moldova.
- Photos will be displayed at the Exhibition “Tații din Moldova și Suedia”, along with Swedish photographer Johan Bävman’s pictures of Swedish dads, at MallDova in April 2018 and other locations in Moldova to be determined at a later date.
- All participants will be invited to the official opening of the exhibition, date to be determined.
Information about the Tații din Moldova și Suedia Photo Exhibition
The exhibition explores how Moldovan and Swedish fathers view the modern male role in contrast to the traditional, stereotype parental role. The exhibition will be made up of 10 pictures of Moldovan fathers as well as 25 pictures by the Swedish Photographer Johan Bävman; the concept has been developed in cooperation with the Swedish institute.
Johan Bävman has won many awards for his pictures, including a World Press Photo prize, POY, a Sony Award, NPPA, a UNICEF Photo Award and some leading Swedish prizes. When he became a father, he found there was a lack of role models that men could relate to as parents. This led him to put together a photo book and exhibition, Swedish Dads, which portrays men on parental leave with their children. The exhibition explores what caused these particular Swedish dads to remain at home with their children so much longer than most fathers in the world. What has it meant to them, how has it affected their relationships both with their partners and with their children, and what expectations did they have beforehand?
The exhibition is planned to open in the middle of April 2018 at Mall Dova and as a photo slide show at the Chisinau Airport. The date was selected to mirror the international conference Shaping New Realities – The Stockholm Forum on Gender Equality in Stockholm on 16–17 April 2018. The conference aims to contribute to global gender equality through dialogue, partnering and exchange of best practice. A tour of the exhibition and discussion format will be conducted to at least 2 other locations in Moldova and the exhibition will be surrounded by communications actions.
The exhibition and competition is a joint undertaking between Swedish Institute, Swedish Embassy in Chisinau and United Nations in Moldova.
Embassy of Sweden in Chisinau
Cristina Sclifos: 022 26 73 21
Victoria Puiu: (+373) 69 94 77 37