18 Successful Initiatives in the area of Renewables and Energy Efficiency awarded at Moldova Eco-Energetica Gala of Awards
18 successful initiatives in using and promoting renewables and energy efficiency have been awarded at Moldova Eco-Energetica Gala, 2013 Edition. The event which took place at “Mihai Eminescu” theatre, brought together more than 300 guests, from high officials, Ministers, Ambassadors, representatives of international organisations to private sector, academia, and civil society.
„Moldova committed to align to the European Union standards. In this respect, we joined the Energy Community and want to benefit from the status of member of an integrated European energy market. Use of renewable energy brings visible benefits to the citizens: new incomes, new jobs, increased heating comfort and reduced green-house gas emissions and environment pollution”, Iurie Leancă, Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova has asserted.
60 applications submitted to Moldova Eco Energetica, 2013 Edition, competed for the title of the Best Project in using or promoting renewable energy sources and energy efficiency. The applications were submitted by individuals, public institutions, private companies, media and NGOs during the period of the contest, i.e. 5 June - 20 September 2013. The applications that entered in competition were reviewed in three stages: (1) by Evaluation Panels, (2) during the field visits carried out for checking purposes and (3) by the Coordination Board, which passed thefinal decision.
18 finalists–individuals, enterprises, public institutions, NGOs–have been awarded at the 2013 Edition:
1. Best Solar Energy Project:
- Photovoltaic: Boris GramafromHartopul Mic Village, Criuleni District; the Oncological Institute
- Thermal: Enterprise “Autosalubritate”
2. Best Wind Energy Project: Anton Port, Popeasca Village, Stefan Voda District
3. Best Geothermal Energy Project: Lyceum Elimul Nou & Modern Term
4. Best Bioenergy Project:
- Solid biofuels: SG Green Farm
- Liquid biofuels: SC Junicart-Com
- Gaseous biofuels: Sudzucker-Moldova, Tevas Grup
- Heat production: PolimerGazConducte;Dumbravita Village Hall, Sangerei District
- Bioenergy production technologies: Moldagrotehnica
5. Best Energy Efficiency Project:
- In the construction/services sector: Linella SRL & Dina Cociug SRL;
- In the public sector: Tatarauca Veche Commune, SorocaDistrict;
6. Best Communication Initiative: FurioSnails
7. Best Educational Initiative: Institute of Continuing Education
8. Best Youth Initiative: Circle of Young Inventors
9. Special Prize: Europlast Grup
„The EU is delighted to support the 3rd edition of Moldova Eco-Energetica. Improvement of energy efficiency and development of renewable energies are key priorities of EU support to Moldova and this reform process needs the active participation of all actors of Moldovan society to become a success. I wish to congratulate all those who participated in the Moldova Eco-Energetica competition with their great initiatives and projects”, said Pirkka Tapiola, Head of the European Union Delegation to the Republic of Moldova.
Moldova Eco-Energetica is the largest contest of successful initiatives in the area of renewables and energy efficiency. Moldova Eco Energetica is organised by the Ministry of Economy and the Energy Efficiency Agency in partnership with Moldova Energy and Biomass Project funded by the European Union and co-funded and implemented by UNDP.
”I would like to congratulate all on the occasion of the 3rd edition which in such a short period of time became a highly-visible annual flagship event, bringing together all key actors in the sector, including government, private sector and practitioners, academia, civil society and development partners”, said Nicola Harrington-Buhay, UNDP Moldova Resident Representative in Moldova.
Moldova Eco Energetica Contest for 2014 will be launched during the first half of next year.
Ina Prisăcaru-Zglavuţă, Communications and Media Officer, Moldova Energy and Biomass Project, Phone: (+373 69)141006, firstname.lastname@example.org