Mainstreaming Migration into Development
The project aims to support the Government to systematically integrate migration in the development planning in order to maximize the benefits of migration and reduce the negative impacts of migration on economic and human development.
- Mainstream migration into the national development strategies of the country;
- Establish sustainable institutional mechanisms and participatory processes for promoting coherence on migration.
- The national Migration Mainstreaming Proposal elaborated which provides the Government with concrete recommendations on mainstreaming migration into development planning in line with the National Development Strategy - Moldova 2020;
- Study on Options for harnessing emigrants’ remittances and savings for the development of the Republic of Moldova helps Diaspora Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) use financial and human capital accumulated abroad for homeland development, philanthropic activities, economic investments and opening businesses;
- Course Material on Migration and Development helps to comprehensively address migration and development interlinkages in the national development strategies.
|Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)||$62,278||$87,722|