UNDP helps agricultural producers and exporters improve their competitiveness and access to CIS and EU markets. Photo: UNDP
Part of the Aid for Trade regional initiative, the project supports inclusive economic growth through the promotion of trade and the enhancement of countries’ competitiveness on international markets.
In Moldova, the project helps agricultural producers and exporters to improve their international competitiveness and market access externally, both in the CIS and in the EU markets, by increasing quality of fresh fruit products through modern technologies that lead to more wholesale contracts and new sales partners with local and international companies.
Particular attention is being paid to strengthening capacities of existing associations of fresh fruit producers as well as members and non-members of the associations.
In the long-term, this initiative contributes to building a positive image of the Republic of Moldova as exporter of high quality products, reducing unemployment, raising incomes and, ultimately, ensuring a more inclusive and sustainable human development.
- Identify capacity development needs of existing associations of fresh fruits growers/producers/exporters and their members;
- Strengthen capacities of partner associations and development of trade and productive potential of Moldovan producers/growers and exporters of fresh fruits;
- Promote new technologies for growing fruits, storage and marketing (i.e., along the whole value chain);
- Transfer best practices in fruit growing sector with special reference to tools for effective production methods, a better market access and spread of knowledge and new technologies through networking and direct contacts with fruit producers in EU countries;
- Facilitate active participation of Moldovan fresh fruits producers/exporters in fairs and trade exhibitions abroad.