Empowerment of Victims of Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking in the Transnistrian region of Moldova
The project aims to enhance protection of victims and potential victims of human trafficking (HT) and domestic violence (DV) through a strengthened system and Empowerment of individuals to prevent and address the problems at their roots in the Transnistrian region. The project was implemented by UNDP, OHCHR, UNFPA, and IOM with the participation of UN Women with the financial support of Liechtenstein Government.
- Provide support in the establishment, institutionalization and functioning of social reintegration/rehabilitation service, including the establishment of at least one shelter for the victims of violence and human trafficking;
- Strengthen the capacity of key service delivery institutions to promote and protect women's rights to life free from violence and those of the victims of the human trafficking;
- Raise public awareness to support prevention and disclosure of DV and HT instances;
- Support the ability of relevant civil society organizations and activists to advocate for a strengthened rules/protection framework for victims of DV, HT and other forms of violence against women, as well as of victims to stand and claim rights;
- Educate women from grassroots’ networks, as well as women from particularly marginalized communities, to understand and support the human rights standards to help fight gender-based violence and exert a positive impact on the lives of women and girls and, by extension, civilian communities as a whole.
- A temporary shelter Women Support Center was established and started to assist victims;
- Employees of the Center selected and trained, capacity building ensured;
- 92 targeted people received high-quality services of the Center during 18 months, starting;
- Domestic violence and human trafficking victims benefit from services of Regional hubs in Ribnita, Grigoriopol, Slobozia;
- The platform to combat domestic violence was strengthened;
- An agreement with local authorities was created to create a Women Crisis Center in Tiraspol.