Strengthening Parliamentary Governance in Moldova
The project aims to support the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova enhance capacities in law-making, oversight and representation functions, during the on-going process of domestic reform spurred by closer relations with the EU. The project is also assisting in making the Parliament’s legislative activity more open, transparent and participatory through establishing tools and mechanisms for the engagement with the Civil Society, professional associations and general public. Project interventions will offer and encourage equal opportunity for male and female participation.
The project assists the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova in providing transparent and gender mainstreamed law-making process aimed at accelerating the reform and the effective oversight of the implementation of legislation related to SDGs and the EU integration agenda.
- Enhance the capacity of the Parliament to timely review draft laws and their compliance with the EU integration agenda;
- Strengthen the cooperation between the Parliament and the Government to ensure transparent, participatory and gender mainstreamed law-making process;
- Enhance capacities of Standing Committees to effectively oversee implementation of laws and policies, in particular related to SDGs and EU integration agenda with involvement of civil society and independent institutions;
- Support the Parliament Secretariat to align organizational structure, internal procedures and work practice with the needs of the Members of the Parliament and Standing Committees’ oversight work;
- Strengthen the role of thematic cross-party groups (Women Platform, GOPAC Chapter and other) to oversee implementation of the gender and anti-corruption legislation;
- Enhance the capacity of Gagauz People’s Assembly Secretariat to assist GPA Committees review legislation;
- Strengthen the capacities of Secretariat to operationalize Parliament Information Management System (e-Parliament), enhancing the institutional access and transparency to meet information demands of the civil society, media and citizens.
- Parliament of Moldova has improved legislative and accountability frameworks and functions in effective, inclusive and transparent manner;
- The Parliament of Moldova effectively promotes and protects human rights, gender equality and non-discrimination, with particular attention to the marginalised and the vulnerable.
- Members of the Parliament and Standing Committees more effectively review legislation related to EU agenda.
- Members of the Parliament and Standing Committees more effectively oversee policy implementation with a particular focus on policies related to the implementation of SDGs and of the EU integration agenda.
- Parliament of Moldova more effectively engages with CSOs, media and citizens on reform agenda.
|Years||Government of Sweden|