Procurement Support Services to the Ministry of Health
The drugs crisis from the Republic of Moldova at the beginning of 2015 determined the Ministry of Health to request the UNDP assistance in the area of procurement and supply chain management of essential medicines. This initiative aims to avoid the fraud related to public procurement, the risk of discontinuity in the drugs supply and to reduce the time and cost of delivery and improve quality of procured medicines.
During 2017 UNDP will procure medicine and other health products for treatment and diagnosis of diseases included in the national and special health programs, in accordance with its corporate standards, using modern tools and transparent procurement procedures. It will also contribute to the modernization of storage of medicines, in line with international standards in the field.
As a result of UNDP assistance, the most vulnerable people from Republic of Moldova will have ongoing access to quality medicines at reasonable price and in required quantities.
- To procure medicines and health products included in the list of the national and special health programs, such as those intended for diagnosis and treatment of patients with HIV / AIDS and STIs, oncological diseases, hematological, tuberculosis, rare diseases, diabetes etc.
- To strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Health to ensure transparency, accountability and effectiveness of the public procurement of medicines and to create a coherent pharmaceutical policy.
- To modernize public facilities for the storage of medicinal products in accordance with international standards of good distribution practices (GDP).
- The country will be supplied with critical medicines in an efficient and reasonable manner, contributing to increasing access to most vulnerable people to affordable and quality assured medicines and related health products.
- The national health care procurement system will be strengthened and the effectiveness of diagnosis and treatment of the patients of Moldova will be improved.
- For the first time in Moldova, the drug storage infrastructure will be modernized in line with GDP standards.
Fund allocated by the Ministry of Health are designated for procurement of medicines and media products, and the ones from UNDP - for modernization of drug storage facility.
Ministry of Health
|2017||4,250,000 USD||100,000 USD|