Strengthening capacity of National Integrity Commission
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to strengthening institutional and functional capacity of the National Integrity Commission (NIC) so that this institution becomes able to ensure integrity, transparency and objectivity within the public sector and support the national corruption prevention efforts in the Republic of Moldova.
Project goals are:
- Development of NIC’s analytical and strategic planning capacities, as well as prevention of unjustified assets of public office holders;
- Strengthening NIC’s capacity of implementation of national and international standards regarding prevention of conflict of interest and provision of the methodological support to their implementation across the public sector;
- Improving the legal framework, in order to revise the mandate and role of NIC in the process of prevention of conflicts of interest, unjustified assets and violations of legal regime of incompatibilities within the public sector;
- Strengthening the transparency and openness of the NIC in regard to mass-media and CSOs;
- Support the development of partnerships between the NIC and continuous training institutions for judges and civil servants from Republic of Moldova;
- Support the development of the partnerships with the peer institutions from other countries.
Expected Results and Accomplishments
- Capacity of NIC in strategic planning, implementation of the conflict of interest and declaration of assets’ legislation and corruption prevention analysis strengthened;
- Internal processes of organization and functioning of NIC improved;
- Enabling legal environment for an increased efficiency of NIC created;
- Partnerships with the relevant training institutions, mass-media, CSOs and external actors established.
- Skills and abilities of the NIC’s staff in training the collectors of declarations of assets and personal interests in the public institutions and in the elaboration of the necessary legal amendments improved;
- Amendments to the legal framework with the view on revision of the role and mandate of the NIC in the process of prevention of conflicts of interest, unjustified assets and violations of legal regime of incompatibilities within the public sector drafted; public consultation of the amendments with the interested stakeholders, including civil society organized.
|Romanian Government||USD 132,000|