Support to Justice Sector Reform
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen and support the comprehensive efforts to reform the justice sector in the Republic of Moldova in order to increase the independence, accountability, impartiality, efficiency and transparency of justice system in line with the Justice Sector Reform Strategy (2011 – 2016) and its Action Plan. The project seeks to further strengthen the capacities of national stakeholders in the Justice Sector Reform Strategy implementation in specific areas with the focus on the tangible and visible results both for the target groups involved and the broader public. The project will also address activities that are equally important for a steady progress in the implementation of the reform, but had not received a relevant attention yet.
- Improving the capacities of law enforcement bodies to manage data, to collect and administer the criminal justice statistics;
- Strengthening the individual and institutional capacities to prevent and fight torture and impunity;
- Strengthening juvenile prisoners’ vocational training for their re-socialisation and employment after their release;
- Supporting the formulation of policies on fees and taxation of legal services providers
- Support to judicial expertise reform.
- E-system for the registration, record keeping and management of crime related data developed within the strengthening individual and institutional capacities to prevent and fight torture and impunity;
- Strengthened professional capacities of the Department of Penitentiary Institutions in vocational training for juvenile prisoners;
- Strengthened individual capacities of detention facilities` staff in preventing torture.
- Working groups responsible for justice sector reform implementation benefit from expert guidance and inputs.
|UNDP||US$ 47,275||US$ 133,176||US$ 196,824||
|Government of Romania||-||-||-||US$120,744||-|
|General Prosecutor’s Office||-||-||-||US$165,111||-|
|Government of Italy||-||-||-||-||US$32,400|
- Focus Area:
- Democratic Governance
- Project Manager:
- Alexandru Cocirta, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Prosecutor`s Office of the Republic of Moldova; Department of Penitentiary Institutions