Strengthening Institutional Capacities of the Ministry of Interior to Fight Crime
The project aims to build the capacities of the Ministry of Interior in fighting and preventing all forms of crime through integration of the intelligence analysis function into the work of the Police and strengthening the capacities in the area of Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) control and management. The ultimate goal is to contribute to an increased level of general security in the country.
- Strengthen the institutional and functional capacity of the Intelligence Analysis Centre through the implementation of the “Intelligence-led policing” concept in the activity of the General Police Inspectorate;
- Improve the Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) control and management capacities for increased general security in the country and the region.
- Specialized hardware and software tools and solutions for intelligence analysis provided and put into practice;
- Capacities and skills of the Intelligence Analysis Centre`s staff developed through training and exchange of work experience;
- IT tools and equipment for the configuration and secured connection of the remote workstations to the SALW e-register provided;
- Illegal, deteriorated, smuggled and other out-of-use small arms and light weapons destroyed through melting.
|Government of Romania||$ 239,359|
- January-December 2013
- Focus Area:
- Democratic Governance
- Project Manager:
- Alexandru Cocirta, email@example.com
- Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Moldova, General Police Inspectorate of the Republic of Moldova, General Inspectorate of Romanian Police