EU High Level Policy Advice Mission
What is the project about:
This Mission is the response to the Government of the Republic of Moldova request addressed to the European Union for provision of assistance for democratic reforms and acceleration of political association and further economic association between EU and Moldova. It deploys a group of high level policy advisers to the main public institutions to support them in designing and implementing the Government’s EU integration agenda. The first mission started in January 2010, while the current phase of the project was initiated in January 2014 and is envisaged to end in December 2015.
The overall goal of the project is to support the Government to implement its EU-integration related reform Agenda and in particular to assist the Government in developing the capacities required for the implementation of the Association Agreement, including the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, as well as the Visa Liberalisation Action Plan.
- Strengthen the policy-making, strategic planning and policy management capacities of selected line Ministries and State Agencies involved in the implementation of the Association Agreement and Visa Liberalisation;
- Enhance stakeholders' knowledge and awareness of EU policies, legislation and regulations in sectors strategic to the implementation of the Association Agreement including the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, and to the implementation of visa liberalisation.
What have we accomplished from January 2014 until June 2015:
Specific Goal 1 achievement indicators:
- 360 policy notes on policy implications and EU best practices issued;
- 290 draft policies and legal acts revised/elaborated for the implementation of the agenda;
- all selected line ministries and agencies submit timely contributions to Government Action Plan/planning documents;
- 183 strategic policy documents issued;
- 169 policy consultations events organized;
- 349 capacity building events on policy making organized;
- 243 policy notes on strengthened institutional capacity for policy making issued;
- 104 risk management methodologies approved and applied;
- 408 contacts with other projects/programmes/instruments on policy implementation made;
- 47 Ex-post policy analysis interventions
Specific Goal 2 achievement indicators:
- 129 networking activities between national authorities and EU institutions/EU members states institutions organized;
- 157 policy notes/reports to EUD submitted;
- 101 policy notes on mainstreaming cross-cutting issues elaborated;
- 121 applications/fiches/ToR submitted;
- 1 Exit Strategy elaborated.
|2014||€1,343,993.97 (€1,343,993.97 (equiv. of $1,823,601.05))|
- Project start date:
- January 2010 with a current mandate for January 2014 – December 2015
- Currently active end date:
- December 2015
- Total Budget:
- US$ 11,446,340
- Focus Area:
- Democratic Governance
- The implementation will follow the principles and approach of the EC Backbone Strategy and the UNDP’s Capacity Development approach, and will ensure the effectiveness of the assistance and capacity development (ownership, harmonization and alignment with country’s objectives). Cross-cutting issues of Human Rights, gender, accountability and environmental sustainability are mainstreamed, whenever relevant.
- Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration, Prosecutor General Office, the Ministries of Economy and Trade, Finance, Justice, Interior, Agriculture and Food Industry, Environment, Transport and Road infrastructure, National Anti-Corruption Center, Bureau for Migration and Asylum, Customs Service, State Tax Inspectorate, National Food Safety Agency.
- Project Manager:
- Alexandru Stratulat, email@example.com
- UNDP Porfolio Manager:
- Alla Skvortova, firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU Delegation Project Manager:
- Jordi Rodríguez Ruiz, email@example.com