EU High Level Policy Advice Mission
This Mission is the response to the Government of the Republic of Moldova request addressed to the European Union for provision of assistance for democratic reforms and acceleration of political association and further economic association between EU and Moldova.
It deploys a group of high level policy advisers to the main public institutions to support them in designing and implementing the Government’s EU integration agenda. The first mission started in January 2010, while the current phase of the project was initiated in January 2014 and is envisaged to end in June 2015.
The overall goal of the project is to support the Government to implement its EU-integration related reform Agenda and in particular to assist the Government in developing the capacities required for the implementation of the Association Agreement, including the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, as well as the Visa Liberalisation Action Plan.
- Strengthen the policy-making, strategic planning and policy management capacities of selected line Ministries and State Agencies involved in the implementation of the Association Agreement and Visa Liberalisation;
- Enhance stakeholders' knowledge and awareness of EU policies, legislation and regulations in sectors strategic to the implementation of the Association Agreement including the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area, and to the implementation of visa liberalisation.
Specific Goal 1 achievement indicators:
- 150 policy notes on policy implications and EU best practices issued;
- 119 draft policies and legal acts revised/elaborated for the implementation of the agenda;
- all selected line ministries and agencies submit timely contributions to Government Action Plan/planning documents;
- 129 strategic policy documents issued;
- 73 policy consultations events organized;
- 102 capacity building events on policy making organized;
- 116 policy notes on strengthened institutional capacity for policy making issued;
- 52 risk management methodologies approved and applied;
- 180 contacts with other projects/programmes/instruments on policy implementation made;
- 25 Ex-post policy analysis interventions
Specific Goal 2 achievement indicators:
- 69 networking activities between national authorities and EU institutions/EU members states institutions organized;
- 86 policy notes/reports to EUD submitted;
- 76 policy notes on mainstreaming cross-cutting issues elaborated;
- 73 applications/fiches/ToR submitted;
- 1 Exit Strategy elaborated.
- Total Budget:
- US$ 11,446,340
- Focus Area:
- Democratic Governance
- Project Manager:
- Alexandru Stratulat, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration, Prosecutor General Office, the Ministries of Economy and Trade, Finance, Justice, Interior, Agriculture and Food Industry, Environment, Transport and Road infrastructure, National Anti-Corruption Center, Bureau for Migration and Asylum, Customs Service, State Tax Inspectorate, National Food Safety Agency.