Analytical Brief 8 - Social Life and Entertainment in Moldova
Leisure, social life and entertainment activities are indispensable components of the life of most people. Ultimately, the way people spend their time reveals the quality of life, the country’s culture and level of development. In this analytical note, we will study the specifics of the social life and entertainment of the population of the Republic of Moldova. In order to find answers to these questions, we will use the results of the Time Use Survey, carried out by the National Bureau of Statistics. In particular, we will answer the following questions:
- How much time Moldovans allocate for social life and entertainment in comparison with nationals of other countries?
- Who are socializing and having more fun: women or men?
- What are the differences in the way how women and men socialize and have fun?
- Where does the country's population socialize and have fun more: in towns or villages?
- What are the differences in the social life and entertainment depending on the social status, levels of income and education?